What's in a name? In our case, just about everything!
Merchants Manor isn’t just the name of our hotel - it's the blueprint for everything we do. The ‘Merchant’ is all about an experience-hungry trader who dines out on his adventures, travels the world, and collects story-laden artefacts to keep the memories alive. The ‘Manor’ is about the place the Merchant always returns to, drawing him back with its promise of warmth, comfort, and a friendly ear to share a tall tale with. A place of fire and food, soft sofas and culture.
For our guests, Merchants Manor lives in their every experience: a windswept coastal walk, a seafood supper, or a cocktail with a story to tell. None of this is possible without a team to help create these memories, these moments that linger and leave our guests longing to return to us.
Does this sound like you? Then read on! Become part of a team that's all about engaging stays and memorable moments. Authentic, intelligent and approachable, we represent responsive service and offer local dining reflecting our food ethos of “what grows together, goes together”, against the backdrop of an amazing seaside town steeped in history.
- Lobby Host
Looking to join a dynamic team in Falmouth's only Moet & Chandon reception lounge. The arrival lounge is at the heart of the hotel, working alongside the Food & Beverage team to deliver and exceed on guest expectations.
The Lobby Host will be responsible for day to day greeting of guests. You will be driven by exceptional customer service, be self-motivated, have an enthusiastic and customer focused persona, while maintaining a commercial focus.
* 3 Rosette Restaurant, 5 star Luxury Apartments, 39 Bedroom 4 * Hotel, Private Swim and Gym members club, Spa.
* To work in an extremely busy and diverse reception always being able to deliver high quality of service to our guests and members.
* Sales driven and has previous track record of high conversion
* The role requires the person to multiskill using at least 3-4 systems
Job Type: Full-time*
*Will consider Part Time however, you need to be able to cover full shifts either 7 am - 3 pm or 3 pm - 11 pm
Salary: £8.21 to £8.50 /hour
- Administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hotel: 1 year (Required)
- Housekeeping Supervisor
39 Bedroom Hotel and Two, two bedroom apartments
* Shifts from 9.30 am - 4 pm at the latest; however finish time does change depending on business needs
* Ensure cleaning and productivity are maintained at all times.
* Maintain stock levels
* Oversee public are and pool cleaning
* Report any maintenance issues and ensure they are fixed
Job Type: Flexible min 25 hours per week
Salary: £8.50 per hour paid monthly
- Cleaning: 2 year (Required)
- Falmouth TR11 (Preferred)
- Housekeeping / Hotel Porter
Housekeeping / Hotel Porter
* Assist the housekeeping team by preparing the rooms ready for the bedroom cleaners to clean
* Assist with dirty linen
* Keep clean linen in the linen cupboard
* clean public areas
* Maintain the car park appearance
* Assist guests with luggage
* Escort guests to their rooms
* Be able to cover shifts Monday - Sunday
* Be able to work from 10 am - 6.30 pm
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £5.90 to £7.83 /hour
- Cleaning and front of house: 1 year (Preferred)
- Falmouth TR11 (Required)
- Gym / Fitness Instructor
Are you a fitness fanatic? Enjoy training and teaching others to work hard and meet their goals? We are looking for someone who can actively encourage our members' wellbeing and focus on helping them achieve.
You will need to be passionate about our members needs and help advise and train them to maintain member and guest satisfaction and motivation. You will need to be pro-active and outgoing to communicate with members and uphold a professional relationship. The role is crucial as you will be the point of contact to answer any queries and help our members use the variety of machines that we have available. You will also have the opportunity to devise group sessions and to be creative with meeting members goals
What does the role involve?
*To conduct health checks, inductions and fitness assessments with members, and prescribe safe and effective exercise programmes.
* To provide a presence on the gym floor and be available at all times to assist members with their exercise programmes and ensure that they are using the equipment correctly.
*To potentially deliver class programmes using other areas within the facility.
*To help maintain all fitness equipment and assist in the maintenance of cleaning equipment and the gym floor
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
*Fun and friendly ·
*Qualified instructor ·Level 3
*Passionate about fitness ·
*Member focused ·
*Excellent communicator ·
*Willing to go the extra mile to help members
*. This position desirably requires a Level 3 Gym Instructor Certificate
Full-time / Part-time
£8.60 to £9.53 /hour
Opportunities to boost income using facilities top of the range equipment for personal training and any group sessions provided. *
- Certificate of Higher Education (Preferred)
- Breakfast Supervisor
Looking to join a dynamic team in Falmouth's only AA 3 rosette restaurant as it grows a local and national presence. At Rastella we have a simple motto of "what grows together, goes together" and this ethos is carried through into the service team. We are looking to strengthen the team with a senior team member to develop the standards and care for our guests. Become part of a team that is all about engaging stays, responsive service and memorable moments.
*The role will focus around the breakfast, day-time and afternoon tea service.
*A passion for food and service excellence alongside our amazing dining experience is essential.
*Personality is key, an ability to coach team members and a high-level situational awareness are all required.
*This is a hands-on role for someone who can host guests comfortably, lead by example and delights in making guests happy.
*You must be authentic, intelligent and approachable.
- supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)
- breakfast: 3 years (Preferred)
- hotel: 1 year (Preferred)
- barista: 2 years (Preferred)
- Falmouth TR11 (Preferred)