Photography Workshops 2019
Photography Workshops at Merchants Manor
Uncover the secrets of the professionals with the guidance of photographers Clare Ball and Ben Mostyn. Their two day exclusive workshop offers an insightful and enjoyable journey, sharing their wealth knowledge in top-class image making. Open to a select number of participants, Clare and Ben will cover disciplines including portraiture, food and landscape photography, with Merchants Manor Hotel acting as your luxurious base.
Each workshop runs over two days, and will include the opportunity to photograph a professional model, explore the hidden coves of south west Cornwall with your camera, and create images of award-winning food from Chef Patron Hylton Espey that will look good enough to eat.
- Two nights’ accommodation with breakfast and dinner each evening at Rastella
- Tutorials covering camera basics, making the best choices with image composition and perspective, in-camera visual editing, maximising available lighting conditions, visualising and executing a concept, developing your own style and raw image processing for colour and black & white.
- Groups of 5 participants per workshop (6 if applicants attend as couples) ensure that Clare and Ben can give you personal guidance, tailored to your needs
- A constructive group critique on a selection of each participant’s images
- Access to ongoing photography email support from Clare and Ben directly
- An archival print of your best image from the weekend, courtesy of Loxley Colour
- Transport to shoot locations during workshop
- Refreshments throughout the weekend
£995 per individual
£1725 per couple
Available Workshop Dates
Friday 31st May & Saturday 1st June
Friday 21st & Saturday 22nd June
Friday 5th & Saturday 6th July or 26th & 27th
Friday 9th & Saturday 10th August
Friday 6th & Saturday 7th September or 27th & 28th